Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Introduction - 506 E. 24th


I was born on December 21, 1958 the fourth child of Bernadette and Harlan Weber.
My mother was known to everyone as Neddy, and my dad...well he was stuck with Harlan.
He hated his name.
My sister Cathy was the oldest followed by my brother Eddie, my sister Betsy, then me.
Our grandfather Edward August Weber lived downstairs and we lived upstairs in a modest
house located on East 24th Street between Wallace and Ash Streets it's address being 506 E. 24th St.

We were a lower middle class family and like any family, we had our share of ups and downs.
The one thing I remember above all from those days on 24th Street was that we laughed a lot. There never seemed to be a dull moment. Between the antics of various neighbors and our own family, we always found something to laugh about. There are a ton of stories from those days and I will do my best to try and convey them in an entertaining fashion with words and drawings.

I cannot even attempt to post these in any type of chronological order, but will simply write and illustrate these stories as they pop into my head.
I hope you will check in often, become a follower, share with friends and enjoy the ride.



Mark Weber



No comments:

Post a Comment